If you are an SBI customer planning to go on a summer vacation, SBI has asked you to follow some safety tips to stay safe. Check the details here.
Are you an SBI customer? Are you planning a family trip during the summer holidays? If so, you need to be careful while booking tickets online, hotels, etc., because your negligence can cause you to lose your hard-earned money through cyber fraud. The State Bank of India (SBI) has asked its customers not to take their security lightly during travels and holidays. Sharing some safety or security tips to follow, SBI tweeted, “Summer vacation is a great time for fun family trips. Do NOT take your safety lightly during this time. Keep these safety tips to hand. mind, stay alert and #SafeWithSBI.”
In order to stay safe this travel season, beware of scammers trying to trick you. Here are the tips shared by SBI:
1. Free can get very expensive: Avoid free public Wi-Fi for financial transactions.
2. New places more vigilance: Ask for the slide machine. Do not give your cards to anyone.
3. Click on a link and you could lose everything in the blink of an eye: check the links before making payments or sharing your bank and personal details.
It should be noted that this is not the first time that SBI has alerted its clients to cyberfraud. SBI continues to share tips for avoiding online fraud and steps to take when making payments. Unified Payment Interface (UPI) based applications such as Google Pay, Paytm, PhonePe among others are used by people to make online payments, recharges among others. With that in mind, here are some online payment tips you should keep in mind to stay protected from fraud. Read also : iOS 16 for your iPhone brings BIG changes! Know them all here
See the SBI online fraud warning and tips to avoid cybercrime:
1. SBI said that users only need to enter UPI PIN code when making payment online.
2. UPI PIN is only required for money transfer, not for receiving. Always verify mobile number, name and UPI ID before sending money.
3. Never share the UPI PIN code with anyone. The scanner should preferably be used for the transfer of funds.
4. Do not seek solution from sources other than official sources. Use the help section of the app for any payment or technical issue and if there is any discrepancy, seek resolution through the Bank’s Complaint Resolution Portal.