Manchester Airport is one of three destinations in the UK where football fans can start their 2022 World Cup journey.
Official flight packages are available here in Manchester, as well as in Edinburgh and London, on the official Qatar Airways website.
As many feared when Qatar gained host status, the prices for this World Cup certainly aren’t cheap. Qatar Airways packages, however, include an international round trip as well as match days and accommodation with breakfast.
Due to the intense heat in Qatar during the summer months, the upcoming 22nd quadrennial tournament will be held, for the first time, in winter. The matches will be played over a shorter 28-day period between November 21 and December 18.
Qatar Airways 2022 World Cup Official Packages
The packages below can be found and purchased at qatarairways.com/fifa2022
- Support your team plan – £ 5,100 – 4 matches, 2 weeks, November 20 to December 3
- First groups package – £ 3,600 – 3 matches, 1 week, November 20-27
- Subsequent groups package – £ 3,400 – 3 matches, 1 week, November 27 to December 3
- Round of 16 package – £ 2,800 – 2 games, 5 days, 3 December 7 December
- Quarter-finals package – £ 2,900 – 2 matches, 5 days, 7-11 December
- Final rounds package – £ 5,300 – 3 matches, 8 days, 11-19 December
To get started, click on this page and click “Explore Now”.
Qatar and the football world at large are hopeful that covid-related travel restrictions will no longer be in place by the time the tournament takes place.
For the latest information on travel to Qatar, go to the government website where you can sign up to receive email updates.
Gareth Southgate’s England side came close to winning last summer’s European Championships and will rightly be among the favorites ahead of the World Cup.
The bookmakers currently consider Brazil, five times winner, the first favorites with France, defending champion.