Some links on Turning Left for Less pay us an affiliate commission to support this blog
First, a reminder that our TLFL Reader Article Contest is only a few days old. All entries must be submitted by midnight on Sunday, July 31.
There are three prizes:
First and second prize will be based on the number of page views of your article received within 7 days of article publication.
Entries should be emailed to [email protected] and can be in any format such as email, word or google docs.
You must provide a minimum of 3 personal photos. Consider that more high quality photos can make your review more popular and interesting. A maximum of 20 photos can be submitted.
- First Prize – 25,000 Avios
- Second prize – lunch, dinner or afternoon tea for two at a choice of restaurants. This includes:
- Champagne afternoon tea at most The Ivy locations
- Three-course lunch for two at Gordon Ramsay’s Savoy Grill
- Three-course meal with bottomless Prosecco for two at the Mayfair Lounge and Grill at the Cavendish
- Three-course meal with cocktails at Marco Pierre White London Steakhouse Co for two
- Three-course dinner with glass of Prosecco for two at Gaucho (11 seats)
- Six-course tasting menu created by Andrew Sheridan and Jake Smith at Divide for Two in Birmingham
- Special Prize – this will be awarded for the review deemed to be the most entertaining and informative based on my opinion and any comments in the comments section. So if you read a review you like, be sure to say so in the comments! The prize is a bottle of Champagne Laurent-Perrier Brut La Cuvée (In Box With 2 Glasses).
You can find more details here.
GHA Hotels 20% off – Kempinski, Corinthia, Anantara and more
There’s 20-40% off a range of luxury hotels including Anantara, Corinthia and Lempsinki through GHA Discovery. Discovery is the loyalty program of the GHA hotel group which includes a global range of luxury hotels from the United States to the Maldives, through Asia and Europe. It’s free to join Discovery hereso what you can access the sale prices on this page.
An example of an offer would be Corinthia Palace Malta which offers 20% off and includes:
- Free breakfast at Villa Corinthia
- 15% on body treatments of 60 minutes or more at the Athenaeum Spa
- Free Wi-Fi access
- Free access to indoor pool and outdoor pool
Many offers must be booked before August 1st, so don’t delay!
Leading Hotels of the World – up to 20% off and 1000 points
Leading Hotels of the World offers a selection of some of the most luxurious and iconic independent luxury hotels in the world. Their Loyalty Club used to be a paid membership, but is now free and therefore worth joining.
As a Leaders Club member, you have access to exclusive Leaders Club rates to save up to 20%. Plus, for a limited time only, you can also earn 1,000 bonus points. Here’s how it works:
- Book a stay at the exclusive Leaders Club rate at participating hotels between July 26 and September 29, 2022
- Complete your stay between July 27 and September 30, 2022
- enjoy a moment 1,000 bonus points and earn 1 point for every USD spent during your stay
- Receive a pre-arrival upgrade to use on a future stay.
With redemptions starting at just 4,000 points, you’ll be on your way to a free night even faster.
One of my favorite places to stay, Asia Gardens in Spain is one of their hotels if you are looking for a relaxing break with Asian flavors without long journeys.
Book by log in to your Leaders Club accountor via your travel agency using your Leaders Club number.
Mandarin Oriental Singapore
I stayed at this hotel in May during my trip to Singapore. Singapore is much simpler than before with a few online forms to fill out, your vaccination details being the main requirement. There were only short lines at the airport and everything seemed relatively normal other than wearing masks inside.
From now until December 31, 2022, you get a 3rd night free for every 2 consecutive paid nights in any Club Room or Club Suite!
I didn’t stay in a Club room, but I wish I had read this!
Advantages of a Club room:
• Champagne breakfast from 6:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
• Bites and pastries during the day from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• afternoon tea from 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
• Evening cocktails from MO BAR (one of the top 50 bars in the world and Asia and also one of my favorite bars in Singapore) with appetizers from 5.30pm to 7.30pm
• Desserts and late night refreshments from 9:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
• Selection of champagne, wines, spirits, beers and premium soft drinks, available throughout the day
• Use of two hours of meeting rooms per day (not cumulative) thereafter, the hourly room rental rate will apply (prior reservations required and subject to availability)
• free high-speed Internet access
• free ironing of up to two pieces per day (not combinable)
• Free beer and soft drinks in the minibar
To book, contact GTC via our online form here.
Four Seasons Hotels United States and Canada
Four Seasons has an offer for an extra night free at many of their hotels in the United States as well as Canada. Stay dates vary by hotel, as does the number of nights you need to get a free night. They offer either a third or fourth night free.
The offer also comes with additional benefits when you book through GTC:
- $100 food and beverage (city hotels) or $100 spa credit (leisure hotels), but may vary
- Upgrade subject to availability at check-in
- Early check-in/late check-out subject to availability
The participating hotels are:
- Las Vegas (read review here)
- New Orleans
- San Francisco
- Orlando at Disney World
- Fort Lauderdale
To book contact GTC via our online form here.
Miami from £1061 business class return
Here is another offer brought to you in partnership with the Dutch flight deals subscription website, Luxury flight club. (Please note that they are not a travel agent). This is one of the cheapest transatlantic deals I’ve seen in a while, other than TAP. The three departure points are an excellent stopover, so I advise you to plan an overnight stay in case of a change of schedule or a delay. You can stopover for free under 24 hours or stopover options are available.
- €75 in Europe
- €600 in the United States
- Transfers: Possible for free
- Min. stay: 6 days
- Travel Dates: JAN – JUNE 23
Flights are operated by Skyteam airlines such as Delta, Air France and KLM. You can credit all of this to Virgin Atlantic if you don’t want to accumulate Skyteam miles.
The rates :
- From Madrid (MAD)
- to Miami (MIA) €1,270
- Chicago (ORD) €1,288
- From Malaga (AGP)
- From Valencia (VLC)
On the dates I checked, Delta was not flying its Delta One suite from Paris, which most flights pass through, with the exception of KLM. However, they have done so in the past. Delta’s other seats are still all aisle accessible, but I would try Air France as they have the A350 on the Miami route as well as new menus created by a Michelin star chef, which sound great.
You can book Air France here, KLM here and delta here.
South America from £1184
There are also some good plans to South America with KLM/Air France from Lisbon. The São Paulo fare is also available from London for a little more.
Once again Lisbon is a great city to build as a free stopover for 24 hours. The rate is available from November, although there is no availability in December and there is limited weekend availability at other times.
- Minimum stay: 6 days or a Saturday evening
- Maximum stay: 3 months.
- Stopovers: not allowed.
- Cancellations: non-refundable.
- Modifications: €300 fee
The rates :
- Return to business class in Lisbon:
- Sao Paulo 1184 €
- Lima £1390
- Bogotá 1465 €
- London to
You can book Air France here, and KLM here.